2020 Beijing-Pinggu World Leisure Congress “Leisure Makes Life Better”
17th-23rd October, 2020
2020 Beijing-Pinggu World Leisure Congress
“Leisure Makes Life Better”
17th-23rd October, 2020
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Formed in 1952, the World Leisure Organization (WLO) is a non-profit and non-governmental organization with recognized Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. Since 1988, the World Leisure Congress has been held every two years all over the world. The 16th World Leisure Congress will be held in Pinggu, Beijing, from the 17th. to 23rd. October 2020 hosted by the Beijing City Government and co-organized by the Beijing Municipal Commission of Tourism and the Pinggu District Government. The Congress, themed “Leisure Makes Life Better,” aims to promote the concept of leisure for all and throughout the whole year. Located in Jinhaihu Town, the main venue consists of the convention and exhibition center, supporting facilities, and a zone for outdoor activities, among other facilities.
Thematic areas of the 2020 Beijing-Pinggu
World Leisure Congress
Abstracts are invited on, but not limited to, the following topics:
1. Leisure and Agriculture
2. Leisure Diversity, Access and Inclusion
3. Leisure Education and Leisure Culture
4. Leisure, Tourism and Hospitality
5. Leisure Management for Social, Health, Wellness, Environment and Economic Outcomes
6. Leisure, Sport and Physical Activities
7. Leisure, Cities and Urbanization
8. Leisure and Well-being
9. Entertainment and Leisure
10. Leisure for Children and Youth
11. Leisure and Aging
12. Leisure and Innovation
13. Leisure and Gender
14. Community and Economic Development
Abstract submission guidelines
The abstract submission process will be handled through the online platform “EasyChair”.
Please, follow the following steps:
1. Access the abstract management system at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wlc2020
2. Create your account and, once logged in, fill in the form with all required information.
Submissions must contain all the following elements:
A) Full title, as it should appear in Conference Program (no more than 10 words), and all in uppercase letters;
B) Abstracts (max. 500 words) should include:
· Introduction/Conceptualization (description of the context and/or academic literature informing the research),
· Approach/Description (indication of theoretical orientation and/or methodological approach),
· Considerations/Conclusions (description and application of original research findings reported in the document),
· Minimum of 3 and maximum of 5 keywords separated by line.
C) Author(s) of the work (separated by semicolons).
D) Institution (name and acronym of the institution, city, state, country). If more than one institution is involved, the names must be separated by semicolons.
E) Chosen thematic area.
F)Author's resume: including name, sex, date of birth, place of birth, occupation, recent photo, passport number (for foreign authors only), etc.
NOTE: Abstracts can be submitted and presentations can be delivered in both English and Chinese.
All authors are requested to send the full text of their presentation (2,000-5,000 words; more detailed guidelines and template to be provided upon acceptance).
All full texts will be published in the WL Congress’ book of proceedings, unless authors explicitly request that they are not published.
Some authors will be invited to re-submit their texts in the format of a scientific paper for evaluation by the WL Congress’ partner journals, top international journals in the field of leisure (indexed in Scopus and/or SSCI).
The first abstracts submission deadline will be October 31, 2019.
NOTE: Foreign scholars are encouraged to submit your abstract within this first deadline, in order to have more time for visa application process.
The second abstracts submission deadline will be January 31, 2020.
The deadline for the submission of presentations’ full texts will be April 30, 2020
Executive Committee Office of 2020 Beijing·Pinggu World Leisure Congress
Scientific Committee of 2020 Beijing·Pinggu World Leisure Congress
More information and queries
For more information, please visit the Congress website at: http://www.2020bjpg-leisure.com/en/ (in English) or http://www.2020bjpg-leisure.com/ (in Chinese)
Questions should be directed to the Secretariat of the Expert Committee of 2020 Beijing-Pinggu World Leisure Congress, Mr. Cai 086+ 13601016952.
You can also send an e-mail to: WLO_2020@163.com